[nvda-translations] Korean braille: now ready for testing

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:59:15 -0800

Hi Mesar and others who use braille:
I received my BrailleNote Apex back from HumanWare on Thursday. This means that I can start testing Korean braille output using BRAILLETTY driver. BTW, Mesar and others working on LibLouis: when using NVDA with BRAILLETTY driver, all braille translation is handled not by BRAILLETTY, but by LibLouis, so we need to work on porting Korean braille to LibLouis in upcoming weeks.
Here's the test plan:
1. Test NVDA and braille output to see if there are messages that can be improved (about a few days; I'll be done with this task by Monday). 2. Start with uncontracted (grade 1) Korean braille to be included in a near term snapshot. 3. Test uncontracted output with myself and Braille Sense users in Korea (who can then pass on any errors to me, in turn I can pass it on as a modification of ticket 2737 or similar). 4. Once uncontracted braille is ready, then repeat this process with contracted (grade 2) braille (again testing with Braille Sense users in Korea and using my unit). BTW, for James: I fixed Bluetooth connection issue: BRAILLETTY service had to be restarted in order for it to work, so it's something that Dave needs to help us. I'll modify ticket 2790 accordingly (in short, we're talking about using BRAILLETTY-SUPPORTED displays over a Bluetooth connection under Windows 8). Thanks.
Cheers,
Joseph