[nvda-addons] gestures not getting invoked for excel app module

  • From: Vardhan Varma <vardhanvarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 06:46:39 -0700

Hi,
 I just created a very simple app module for MS Excel.
 However the gesture is not getting invoked.

 Also, I get this debug warning on Console for excel, which may

 or may not be related to the issue:
QUOTE:
oleacc.AccessibleObjectFromEvent with window 131532, objectID 2159 and
childID 0: [Error -2147467259] Unspecified Error
ENDQUOTE

While the window handle remains same, that of the main table window, the
object ID keeps on changing , and child ID is always zero

Is there any known issue with Excel or it's handling in NVDA ?

Here is the app Module code I'm trying: ( i've removed imports etc ).
BEGIN PYTHON CODE

class AddonExcelWorksheet(Window):

    def script_foo(self, gesture):
        log.debugWarning("Captured")

    __gestures = {
        "kb:f9", "foo",
    }

class AddonExcelCell(Window):

    def script_foo(self, gesture):
        log.debugWarning("Captured")

    __gestures = {
        "kb:xf", "foo",
    }

class AppModule(appModuleHandler.AppModule):

    def chooseNVDAObjectOverlayClasses(self, obj, clsList):
        if obj.role == controlTypes.ROLE_TABLE:
            log.debugWarning("*** ROLE_TABLE")
            clsList.insert(0,AddonExcelWorksheet)
        elif obj.role == controlTypes.ROLE_TABLECELL:
            log.debugWarning("*** ROLE_TABLECELL")
            clsList.insert(0,AddonExcelCell)

ENDPYTHON

--