[nvda-addons] Re: How do I debug a global plugin?

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 23:11:02 +0100

Pranav Lal wrote:

One way I have used to debug code is to use the python console but I am
defining dictionaries etc here so cannot do that.

Why can't you define dictionaries in the Python console?

The best way to get help on this list is to share your code. There
might be something very simple wrong with it, something that someone
will spot in a quick code review, or there might not. But if you say
you're doing everything right, but it isn't working, where else can we go?

I don't mean any disrespect by this, and I hope you don't mind me being
blunt, but if you were doing everything right, your add-on would be
working. If your add-on needs external libraries or tools and it can't
be used without them, by all means make that clear. But without code,
we can't tell you what's wrong with it.

You can't run an NVDA add-on in an IDE as a standalone program, because
it's not a standalone program.
--
James Scholes
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes