[nvda-addons] Re: Addons repo (was Re: Test)

  • From: "Michael A. Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 23:25:58 +0100

Joseph,

That's good.

I have written an add-on I call TreeSpy. When a user presses NVDA+Shift+O he gets a dialog showing a tree-view control that shows the entire control hierarchy for the app that had focus when the key combo was pressed.

It also shows the windowClassName, the windowControlID, roles and absolute and relative positions of whichever object is highlighted in the tree.

I use it when I want to identify the structure of an app that needs work to improve accessibility.

I also want to get it to write an XML file of the structure, which can contain new control names I assign. The XML could then be read to create bare-bones add-on code for that app.

If anybody's interested in taking a look at what I currently consider to be incomplete 'alpha' code I could give you the drop-box link.

Mike

On 08/05/2013 22:58, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Yes:
For add-on packages:
http://addons.nvda-project.org
For add-on code:
http://bitbucket.org/nvdaaddonteam
Cheers,
Joseph

On 5/8/13, Michael A. Ray <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Joseph,

Do we also have a central repository for add-ons?  Or at least a central
record of where to go to get certain addons?

Mike

On 08/05/2013 21:40, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi mike,
Thanks for confirming the list is working...
Some of us on the dev list were concerned with add-on traffic
consuming the list bandwidth, so suggested creating this list to talk
about add-ons. At the moment, I'm the only admin - the plan is to ask
one or more add-on experts (like Rui B) to become admins.
Cheers,
Joseph

On 5/8/13, Michael A. Ray <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.  Good idea for an addons list

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Ham Radio Call-sign: G4XBF, licensed since 1982

'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem' - Ockham's razor

Raspberry VI:
http://www.raspberryvi.org/
NVDA, the best free screen-reader in the world:
http://www.nvda-project.org/