[NTA HRC] Tuskegee Airmen, Inc., the CFC and the United Way

  • From: "Yolanda L. Hinton" <ylhinton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: (TAI Tidewater Chapter, NTA Hampton Roads Chapter, LAFBAFCOMAP)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:01:13 -0400

The Tidewater Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. extends a very gracious thank you to those who have supported us, particularly through the Combined Federal Campaign and the United Way. Because of your generous donations, we were able to award scholarships this year to three local students who are now attending college:
Whitney Farrior, Woodside H. S., is attending Virginia Commonwealth University
Gabrielle Mc Donald, Bethel H. S., is attending Virginia Commonwealth University
Randall Callahan' Bethel H. S. is attending Hampton University
In addition, four of the students we recommended to the National office for scholarships were awarded them:
Taja Glover, Phoebus H. S., is attending Virginia Wesleyan University
Simone Woody, Nansemond River H. S., is attending Hampton University
Chamia Ford, Hampton H. S. is attending Virginia State University
Muleka Kikwwbate, Hampton H. S., is attending the University of Virginia
These students will be recognized at the 23rd Annual Larry E. Anderson, Jr. Scholarship Gala on October 14.

Our chapter also provided speakers for many local schools and civic organizations, and is currently holding a clothing drive to benefit local shelters and other agencies.

Once again, the Tidewater Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. is included in the CFC as a local agency of the Virginia Peninsula. If you are a Federal Government employee on the Peninsula, and would like to support the local TAI chapter, please designate Agency 6244 on your pledge cards.

The Tidewater Chapter, TAI is also part of the United Way of the Virginia Peninsula, though we don't appear in the United Way booklet. The agency number for the United Way is 2109.

Donations may also be sent directly to the chapter at P.O. Box 65605, LAFB VA 23665

For further information, please visit the chapter's web site: http://www.tidewater-tai.org/ or the National Office web site at http://www.tuskegeeairmen.org/

Thank you for your consideration and your support.
TAI is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Note: This announcement is for information only. It is not sent
to persuade or dissuade anyone to/from any specific cause or
action. You should consider all charitable giving choices when/if
contributing through the CFC or the United Way.

Yolanda L. Hinton
Secretary
Tidewater Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc.
TuskegeeAirmen@xxxxxxx
www.tidewater-tai.org
757-850-5661