[NTA] FW: [NSBE-AEDC] Fw: Girls Excelling in Math and Science Conference - Call for Presenters

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 04:07:13 -0600

________________________________
From: "Burke, Felicha" <felicha.burke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:11:54 -0500
To: pci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<pci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: Girls Excelling in Math and Science Conference - Call for
Presenters

Dear Friends!

Dogwood Elementary School and the Lockheed-Martin Corporation would like to
invite you to be a presenter at this year's GEMS Conference, Girls Excelling in
Math and Science, for fifth and sixth grade girls on Saturday, March 13, 2010.
The event is from 8:00 am - 12:00 and will be held at Dogwood Elementary School
in Reston, VA.
            We are seeking presenters to conduct three consecutive 45 minute,
hands-on workshops, aiming at an audience of fifth and sixth grade girls.  The
goal is to inspire an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math
fields in girls so that they will be interested in pursuing these studies in
middle school, high school, and beyond.  We ask that you spend a few minutes of
each workshop describing your own career, education, and background while the
remaining portion of the workshop is spent on a hands-on activity that will
introduce the students to opportunities in and beyond school.
         We hope that you will join us again for a morning that will create new
vistas for our children.  It's sure to be an exciting event.  Your time with us
will be deeply appreciated and make a difference to the young women who attend.
 Please let me know as soon as you can, if you would be interested in joining
us.  ***********I need your response by 8 Feb.
If you are planning to participate please respond via email. I will forward you
some workshops that we have performed in the past as options. Also, if you have
a new idea, I'd be pleased to learn more about it.  Thank you all so much!

Kind Regards,