[NTA] FW: APPLY EARLY: UMD Engineering Camps This Summer

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5000)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 18:02:03 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederick, Gilberto II CIV DISA DSO (US)
[mailto:gilberto.frederick.civ@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 11:25 AM
Subject: FW: APPLY EARLY: UMD Engineering Camps This Summer

Below is information on 3 engineering camps this summer at the U. of Maryland,
College Park.  These camps are for students in grades 4 and 5 (Elementary); 7
and 8 (Middle); and 11 and 12 (High School).  Please forward to parents of
students you know who are interested in engineering.

Applications are now open for our summer programs available to elementary,
middle and high school students!

Elementary

iEngineer@UMD

This program is designed for rising 4th and 5th grade students interested in
STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). This one-week commuter day
camp is an exciting opportunity for girls and boys to learn more about STEM
through a variety of fun, hands-on activities! Campers work with current
University of Maryland engineering students to help participants gain a better
understanding of engineering concepts and real-life applications in our world.

Dates: July 7-11, 2014

Cost: $325

Deadline: March 25th

Contact: Candice Staples, 301-405-9434, cstaples@xxxxxxx

Website:  http://www.wie.umd.edu/k12/iengineer

Middle

Stepping Stones to Your Future

This one-week commuter camp is designed for rising 7th and 8th grade students
to perform fun science experiments and engage in engineering challenges that
tap into their creativity and problem-solving skills. This camp is an excellent
opportunity for middle school students who are interested in science and
engineering to work with current University of Maryland students to discover
how much fun engineering is, and how strongly it shapes the future.

Dates: July 14-18, 2014 (Session I) & July 21-25, 2014 (Session II)

Cost: $350

Deadline: March 14th

Contact: Vanessa Medley, 301-405-0315, vmedley@xxxxxxx <mailto:vmedley@xxxxxxx>

Website: http://www.wie.umd.edu/k12/sstyf

High

Exploring Engineering at the University of Maryland (E2@UMD)

Exploring Engineering is a one-week residential summer program for high school
women (rising juniors and seniors) who are considering engineering as a
possible major and career. Students will live on campus for one week and be
immersed in the world of engineering through hands-on activities, laboratory
experiments, informative workshops, team challenges and seminars with
professional engineers. Space is limited to 32 girls per session. Application
review begins April 1st. Scholarships based on financial need are available.

Dates: July 6-12, 2014 (Session I) & July 13-19, 2014 (Session II)

Cost: $900

Deadline: March 31st

Contact: Bria Barry, 301-405-3283, bmcelroy@xxxxxxx <mailto:bmcelroy@xxxxxxx>

Website: http://wie.umd.edu/k12/e2atumd

Bria Barry (formerly McElroy)
Assistant Director, Women in Engineering Program
A. James Clark School of Engineering

University of Maryland
1131 Glenn L. Martin Hall
College Park, MD 20742