[nswnra] Re: Helix Nebula

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:57:05 +1000

Hi Rob,

That looks pretty good, tracking seems OK.
There seems to be a bit of what I suppose is
"digital noise" - if that's the right term -
in the background. Just need a minus
10 degree refrigeration unit - just joking.

Well done.
Beware the lure of the Dark Side .....

Cheers, Paul.

On 12/08/2010, at 6:44 AM, Corona Australis wrote:

A few days ago I setup my EQ5 mount to do some solar observing and was

surprise I got the alignment spot on, tracking the sun all day without adjustment.

So that night I thought I might throw the camera on it and try a bit of imagining.

But by evening it started raining so the mount got covered and sat there for a

few days. Last night it amazingly cleared up beautifully but then the dang

neighbour (not Vince) lit a fire to burn off some rubbish after dark sending

smoke right across my yard Grrrrr!!!! which eventually died down later.

Anyways I managed my first ever DSO image, a series of 10 x 2 minute exposures

of the Helix. Not the greatest but I was pretty happy how it turned out. Took a

bunch of SMC but once I got them on the lappy the focus was out.

hope you all are keeping dry.

Cheers,CS

Rob

<helix.jpg>

PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS:
The colour that you see on screen can in no way be guaranteed. As you have not seen a hard copy proof you must accept that the colours you see on your screen will never match 100% what your final product will be. Colour variation occurs from screen to screen and from screen to print

Regards
Paul McGuiness
prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lismore City Printery