[nswnra] Re: Helix Nebula

  • From: Paul McGuiness <argonavis9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:45:03 +1000

Gee that made a difference. Much darker
sky background and much improved contrast
without that annoying greyness and speckling.
There also seems to be more detail in the PN's
centre. Not sure about the delicate filamentary
edges, maybe some detail lost there, but that
area seemed to merge into the background
a bit. Very good result.

Well, it's dark outside, a might have a bit
of a session. Cheers, Paul.
From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nswnra] Re: Helix Nebula
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:30:23 +1000

Yes my processing skills are extremely basic. I’ve attached another I triedto
remove more of the background digital noise. I’m using fairly short exposures
but the ISO was up at 1600 which will introduced a bit of noise. Was hoping to
have another go tonight but she is blowing a gale out thereat present. Got a
call from Isaac today, my mirror is finished and ready to freight back.With any
luck they picked it up today and it will be back up here tomorrow.If so I shoot
over to Goonellabah and pick it up. So get ready for a wet weekend  :  (
Cheers,CS  Rob   From: nswnra-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx