[notetakerinfo] Re: braille sense

  • From: rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: notetakerinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:12:25 +0000

Hello,
I have also mentioned before, I had, and still have keyboard issues. But, I was
thinking it's just me. Anyway, I found the bvaillenote easier to use, but the
u2 is more logical.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 18 Dec 2015, at 2:21 am, Nadine Riches <Nadine.riches@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I had a BrailleSense U2 and I am very glad I didn't pay for it out of my own
pocket. The Braille display became very uneven very quickly and had to go
back for repair, fortunately within the warranty period. Also, whenever I
tried to surf the net the unit crashed and had to be reset. Then about a year
ago the Braille display became almost unreadable again. The unit is currently
sitting in New Zealand, though why I don't know as repairs have to take place
in Korea, and it will probably sit there until doomsday as I can't afford the
nearly three thousand dollars it will cost to fix. We can't get European
Braille products here in Australia like the Baum Pronto or EuroBraille
Esytime, but if I could I'd seriously like to look at those rather than Asian
products. I really wasn't impressed with the U2, but of course I really hope
you have much better luck with yours than I did. I will give it this though,
it's very easy to learn to use.

Cheers,
Nadine

On 18 Dec 2015, at 1:00 PM, Joshua Hendrickson <louvins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pamela. You are so so lucky to get a braille-sense U2. I'd love to
have one of those. I'm sure you will soon figure out how to use it.
When I go to college, I'll see if I can get voc rehab to get me one.

On 12/17/15, rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
To subscribe: hims-notetakers+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .
2) Had a look at the user guide? Or is that what is confusing you? If so, I
think you might be better off with someone helping you through something
like skype or phone (I can do the former) let me know whether that's an
option, at all.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 17 Dec 2015, at 11:35 pm, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi! Is there a list for the braille sense? I just got a braille sense
u2, and I haven’t the slightest notion how to learn to use it. I don’t
even know what the keys are on the list of hot keys they send, like what
is f1, what is enter, etc. There is no kind of a tutorial, they just
expect you to sink or swim. I am not one who can teach myself, especially
when there is nothing to teach with. I am coming up from fudimentary use
of a braille lite to this! I want to send it back! Help! Pam.