[north-takoma] Labor Day/End-of-Summer Triangle Park Picnic!

  • From: Laura Brown <lnbrown53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: north-takoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:21:44 -0400

*Hello, Takoma neighbors!*

***It’s that time again: Labor Day and the annual *

*End-of-Summer Triangle Park Picnic!*

*Date:   Labor Day, Monday, September 6*

*Time:4 pm – 8 pm*

*Place:Triangle Park at the corner of Baltimore and Albany Avenues*

*There will be grills available for roasting meats and veggies, and everyone is welcome to bring food to eat and to share.  There will be plates and utensils for your use.  If you’d rather bring food and utensils just for your own party, that’s good, too.  We want everyone to feel comfortable.  Many people will not be wearing masks, but you’re welcome to mask up if that’s your preference.*

*We have a permit to close off the street in front of 501 Albany, so there’ll be plenty of room for basketball, chalk drawing, skateboarding, whatever. **There will also be setups for playing cornhole and ring toss. (Sadly, no band this time unless someone gets inspired.).*

*We hope you’ll join us and spread the word to neighbors who might not be on the listserv.*

*Unfortunately, a work commitment is keeping usual organizer Nick Olcott from being there this year.  (Labor?  On Labor Day?  Go figure!). David Wiley has graciously stepped in to be the on-the-day organizer, so if you have any questions between now and then, you can contact him at d.r.wiley13@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:d.r.wiley13@xxxxxxxxx> or Nick at nickandtimgroups@xxxxxxx <mailto:nickandtimgroups@xxxxxxx>. On the day, David will be the one to turn to.  (He’s actively soliciting a couple of people to take a shift as grillmaster/mistress that day, a role Nick has kind of filled in the past.  If you’re interested, get in touch with David. If you don’t have a grill of your own, you’re welcome to borrow Nick’s.  Just let him know in advance.)*

*Hope everyone can make it to the picnic!*