[north-takoma] Re: Ants

  • From: "Mark Verschell" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("mav9")
  • To: north-takoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 21:44:17 -0400

Terro works well, and it’s pretty non-toxic to humans and dogs. It’s a sucrose solution with boric acid in it.  Might upset a dog’s tummy a little bit, but it’s a drying agent and drinking fresh water takes care of it in nearly every case.
I still keep mine up out of Mac’s reach because of the plastic. Trust me, the ants will find it!
B&T Mark

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 29, 2023, at 9:39 PM, Judy Kogod <judykogod@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are they the giant juicy ones? Foot stomp Tiny sugar ants? Follow the trail backwards and caulk the hole they are coming in!
On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 8:24 PM Roger McGary <ramcgary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We seem to have an invasion of black ants.  Have any of you found a nontoxic method of getting rid of them? With the dog we are concerned about contact with toxic materials.  Roger
Get Outlook for Android
--
~Judy

Judith Kogod Colwell