[noCensorship] Re: finding and testing proxies

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 13 Oct 2004 02:44:56 -0000

Re:

YOUSEF <MRT_911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello to Wayne and other
>
> Is there anyone who can post the latest proxies in saudi arabia?

A quick Google search got me a link:
http://www.freeproxy.ru/download/lists/goodproxy.txt

Then
perl statProxy.pl -u -b 80,8080,3128,6588
http://www.freeproxy.ru/download/lists/goodproxy.txt
got me a list of 143, less than half are good.
Many of them look like they might be on ports unblocked for you.
They will soon be in hosts.zip in my proxyTools cvs area.

You can look in the file with a text editor for ones on certain ports you
know are unblocked by your isp and country, but it's easier to use:
perl extractHosts.pl out.txt -from=<your isp>
to get a list in out.txt.

Pick them out of out.txt by hand, or analyze the whole lot from there by:
perl statProxy.pl -u -t all -l out.txt
(make that -t 0:14 if you're only interested in whether they work as
non-censoring http proxies)

Then (for LP) merge them to your own config:
perl mergeHosts.pl <statProxy result file> config-<your config name>.xml
Start LP and select <your-config>

> Ayisha

wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(remove the obvious extra 's')