[noCensorship] Re: ProxyTools & MacOSX

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 6 Dec 2004 17:08:55 -0000

hack@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Has anyone used proxytools with MacOSX
>
> I would welcome some feedback info experience.

Me too! Does it work there at all?
Note that statProxy.pl had a fix for NetBSD just after I posted the last
proxyTools release. The patches to handle Win XP SP2 broke statProxy
and localProxy  in NetBSD systems. Get the latest CVS version of
WLib.pm if you find these guys hanging up on network connections.

I can test distributions on WinXP, Cygwin/WinXP, and NetBSD these days.
Not that I promise to be 100% diligent about that. :-)
Perl code (even the damn network code!) should work anywhere Perl works,
so I'm very interested in hearing about bugs on Macs too.
MacOSX is a BSD variant, so it might offer another angle to handle the BSD
network issues.

Bug reports from any systems where Perl is available, and (of course!)
patches, are always welcome.
If it's not working there, I'd be happy to help you get it going.

> Makh

wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
===8>============== noCensorship community ===============
List's webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/nocensorship