[noCensorship] Re: LP

  • From: "gstmoderator" <gstmoderator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <proxytools-users@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:21:59 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <proxytools-users@xxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 6:45 PM
Subject: [noCensorship] Re: LP

> > From: "gstmoderator" <gstmoderator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: <nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: [noCensorship] Re: LP

> > LP to merge new proxies and save new configuration on restart no proxies
> > saved and privacy analyzer traces directly to my isp.
> > >
> > > We'll need some more info.
> > >
> > > 1) What operating system?
> >
> > XP
> > >
> > > 2) What error messages (if any)? Look at the localProxy log windows
> > > to see these.
> > >

> > None
>
> None?
> Strange.
>
> I meant the normal logs in the LP GUI log window. Two windows open
> when you start it, right? One of them is the GUI, the other looks
> like a command window. The 'command window' logs what happens in
> the GUI. It's impossible that there's nothing in this - please look
> again.
>
> A further window opens when you click 'start services'. That one
> logs what happens in the back end.
>
> Posting that huge saved config was pointless.
> There appears to be a heap of stuff missing from it.
> Losing the indentation makes it unreadable too.

1. open lp using saved config
2. put proxies in box from hat 141.150.149.247:80, 208.49.206.97:80,
204.196.215.9:80, 64.48.186.225:80, 208.218.142.13:80       Echo= 11687
3. push test/merge
4. localproxy2 window log

This is localProxy Engine (the 'back end'), version: 4.214
Waiting for the front end to connect ... connected
Checking all layer 0 hosts for connectivity...
Couldn't connect to 33 proxies
Don't panic, I can probably work ok without them

LocalProxy is offering services on the following ports:
10076:non-censoring HTTPS proxy
10077:PROPFIND capable HTTP proxy
10078:HTTP zapped advertisement proxy
10079:proxy autoconfiguration
10080:anonymous, non-censoring HTTP proxy - standard
10081:localProxy control
10082:non-censoring HTTP proxy - standard
10119:Usenet news - panix
11119:Usenet news - mozilla

For web browser proxy service, please configure your web browser
  http proxy entry to localhost:10082 and the
  https proxy entry to localhost:10076 now

5. localproxy log

This is localProxy GUI (the 'front end'), version: 4.247
Proxies found in environment: none
I'm assuming this IP address is 192.168.1.101
I'm assuming this IP address is 192.168.1.101
Setting default config syria-scs-net
Starting localProxy engine with configuration: saved
start line: perl localProxy2.pl -x 0 -g -d 0 -c saved
running localProxy2.exe
Checking proxy capabilities ...
Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
1 proxies to test (after processing)
ctrl-c to see results so far; double-ctrl-c to abort
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.22.out

statProxy v4.143 report from 192.168.1.101(syria-scs-net):
141.150.149.247 :80    FFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF 1.2/?
Wall clock time:  0.71 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
1 proxies to test (after processing)
ctrl-c to see results so far; double-ctrl-c to abort
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.23.out

statProxy v4.143 report from 192.168.1.101(syria-scs-net):
208.49.206.97   :80    FFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF 1.4/?
Wall clock time:   1.4 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
1 proxies to test (after processing)
ctrl-c to see results so far; double-ctrl-c to abort
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.24.out

statProxy v4.143 report from 192.168.1.101(syria-scs-net):
204.196.215.9   :80    FFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF 1.3/?
Wall clock time:  0.72 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
1 proxies to test (after processing)
ctrl-c to see results so far; double-ctrl-c to abort
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.25.out

statProxy v4.143 report from 192.168.1.101(syria-scs-net):
64.48.186.225   :80    FFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF 1.3/?
Wall clock time:  0.71 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
1 proxies to test (after processing)
ctrl-c to see results so far; double-ctrl-c to abort
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.26.out

statProxy v4.143 report from 192.168.1.101(syria-scs-net):
208.218.142.13  :80    FFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF 1.3/?
Wall clock time:  0.77 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
1 proxies to test (after processing)
ctrl-c to see results so far; double-ctrl-c to abort
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.27.out

statProxy v4.143 report from 192.168.1.101(syria-scs-net):
208.253.92.46   :8080  FFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF ?/?
Wall clock time:   4.8 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Extracting proxy strings, safeing, expanding/skipping ports,
validating, resolving, deduping...
0 proxies to test (after processing)
Nothing to test
Results have also been written to file statProxy.2003.3.30.28.out
Wall clock time: 0.022 mins.

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Done ... writing results to tests-userSpecd.txt
MergeHosts.pl v4.48
merging tests-userSpecd.txt to config-saved.xml
(saving original config-saved.xml in config-saved.old.xml)
Test location firewall: syria-scs-net
Ignoring all test results (except uptime and socks) for any
hosts on port 80  - known transparent proxy
[...]

6. none of proxies are then used during internet or when I close and restart
LP using saved config (no error stats)

> > > 3) Where exactly are you looking to be able to say 'can't get LP to
> > > merge new proxies' and 'no proxies saved'?
> > > Which config are you expecting to see these in?
> >
> > used autoconfig and test/merge to add proxies put into box above
buttons.
> > restarted LP using auto, last, saved, User0, wayne-adsl configs, clicked
> > update new proxies button says something like complete no proxies
merged/no
> > proxies to check
> >

> > > 4) There's no 'save new configuration' option. What are you
> > > referring to? The 'autoconfigure' button sounds like what you want
> > > - is that what you are trying? The firewall blocking info and proxy
> > > test results will appear in the 'auto' configuration. You should
> > > then ask LP to rebuild for that configuration.
> > >
> > > If you mean 'save running configuration', then that's
> > > probably not what you want - it just saves the running info (the
> > > stuff LP has learned while you're using it). You can use this next
> > > time by choosing the 'saved' configuration.
> >
> > meant save running config loaded saved config and no proxies were merged
>
> That's right.
> Did you think they would be, if you 'saved' and reloaded?
> Why?
> When you load the 'saved' config, LP is running as it was when
> you saved it!
> This sounds like it has nothing to do with your problem.
>
> > > The 'test/merge new proxies' button tests the proxies in the field
> > > above it (which you may edit) and merges the results to whatever
current
> > > configuration has been selected. By default, the proxies in the field
> > > are initialized by looking in the registry and the environment.
> > >
> > > Generally, these options use master.pl/exe and statProxy.pl/exe.
> > > You could independently verify that these are working by simply
> > > running them.
> > >

> > master.pl opens and tests all proxies as to merge, saves to auto or
config I
> > use
>
> Since you have the exe, you wouldn't be running master.pl.
> In fact, master doesn't run at all when you click
> 'test/merge new proxies'.
> Master doesn't actually test proxies (it calls statProxy for that),
> and doesn't do any merging. It's main function is to test the
> firewall blocking.
>
> Let's clarify:
> 1) you enter proxies into the field above 'test/merge new proxies'
> Or you leave the entries that are already there. Use the right format:
> proxy.xxx.com:8000, proxy2.yyy.etc:8999
> etc. (say).

yes

> 2) you click 'test/merge new proxies'

yes

> 3) a window opens (or appears on the task bar?). On XP, I think
> it should have a title containing the command used to run it.
> Warning, I don't have an XP system to test on, so I can't be
> precise here. This might be the area where the problem lies - the
> window/icon may not be appearing at all. I had some XP problems here
> before. If that's the case, I'll need to find an XP system.

window opens if I run Autoconfigure instead of test/merge

> 4) in that window, you should be able to watch statProxy testing your
> proxies. If it closes too quickly, you probably gave it a bad proxy
> format. If the reason is not obvious, I suggest you run statProxy
> by itself in a command window with the proxy format you used to see
> what error is reported.

see above--no errors

> 5) the merge of these results to a config are done back in the GUI
> (by calling mergeHosts).
>
> I'll wait to hear what the log window contains.

like I said, I've run LP on XP though it was .pl not .exe.

> > > Try the 'help' button to get more details.

yes

> You did look at this, I guess?
>
> > > 5) Which LP are you using (version number, executable or source)?
> >
> > 4.247 exe I think
>
> Damn, that makes things difficult.
>
> > > 6) You might be able to run the GUI window (localProxy.pl or .exe)
> > > with debug turned on - later versions only.
> > >
> > > 7) During the above tests, there are various files created and saved.
> > > The easy way to find them is by modification/creation date. See if
> > > they contain the proxies you expected. Let us know what happened.
> >
> > config-saved attachd
>
> Did you find any files created/modified?
>
> > > 8) PLEASE post some logs!
> >
> > tried logging nothing happened
>
> That 'logging' is only effective when the back end has started up.
> It increases the verbosity o fthe logs to include all data passing
> through LP.
>
> See above.
>
> > Thnks wayne

thanks again