[nnasnet] Re: barn swallows

  • From: "Bill Gimpel" <nhfishhook1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nkroll156@xxxxxxxxx>, <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:05:26 -0400

A service of the Northern Neck Audubon Society---
There is an abandoned shop across the creek (Taylors) from us that has barn swallows every year. We have seen up to six at one time this spring. Here in MD the barn swallows are about to fledge in the next few days.

Bill Gimpel
Weems
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nora Kroll" <nkroll156@xxxxxxxxx>
A service of the Northern Neck Audubon Society---
Does anyone else have nesting barn swallows? A pair is building a nest on the floodlight on my back porch. Alterations to the porch last fall took away the spot they used to use, so we are glad they're back, but it seems late to me. Is this likely to be their first clutch? They were active around the barn last month, but I never saw a nest, and there are no young.
Thanks,
Nora Kroll
You are subscribed to the NNASnet, a birding hotline
sponsored by the Northern Neck of Virginia Audubon Society.
with "leave" in the subject line (please omit quotation marks). For other questions or comments about the listserver, send messages to: nnasnet-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx