[nnasnet] Water Fowl Watching

  • From: "Jessica and Paul Servis" <jpsps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NNAS" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:05:51 -0500

Here is a tip for any that live on the water and enjoy water fowl.

Jim Wagner one of our NNAS Board Members told me a few years ago that he throws
corn off his dock to bring in the diving ducks.

I have be throwing out about a gallon every few days in the late fall and
winter since then, and the birds have really responded.

All you need to do is go to your Southern States Store and pick up a bag of
shelled whole kernel corn. ( while you are there tell them you are a member of
NNAS and thank them for selling our Bluebird Boxes). Just broadcast the corn
off the end of your dock or in any area where you can observe the birds from
your home. It will take a few days for the ducks to find it but after that you
will have a great show. They will be back every day looking for an easy snack.

P. Servis