[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of Bluebird Trail at HQ/KCGC 4/28/2014

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:27:33 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road.  HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course.  NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

Lots of new babies this week.  The bluebirds are certain that spring is
here.  And we have 4 new complete nests with no eggs, yet.  The first
babies of the year, mentioned last week, now have their eyes open at 10
days old.  The dive bombing parents were more restrained, this week
 Probably because they were sitting in the adjacent tree with insects in
their beaks, waiting to feed as soon as we were gone.

Here is a summary:
4 complete nests with no eggs.
72+ eggs (some females on the nest prohibited complete count).
31 young, from 1 day old to 10 days old.
13+ chickadee eggs in 3 nests (again a female on the nest).
No tree swallow eggs, yet..........Tom

--
Tom Teeples
132 Lancaster Dr. #105