[nnasnet] Hughlett Point

  • From: Tom Saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nnasnet <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fred Atwood <fredatwood@xxxxxxxxx>, nicholas flanders <flicknanders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 13:10:29 -0400

Sorry for the late report but I was able to get out to Hughlett Point NAP
for a few minutes Sunday afternoon, mainly looking for migrating shorebirds

Things were pretty quiet (and the tide was high) but the main lagoon has
dried up enough to attract some sandpipers and such. I had pectoral, least
and semi-palmated sandpipers, and a sanderling. Two immature little blue
herons, four mute swans, six blue-winged teal, Forster's and royal terns
and, on the walk back along the woodland trail, black and white warbler,
common yellowthroat and brown-headed nuthatch.

Tom Saunders
Balls Neck