[nnasnet] Fw: Audubon Club Bird Walk of Feb. 13, 2012

  • From: "Vic Stover" <smok5y@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:59:20 -0500

Enjoy the bird walk report!!! Reta
----- Original Message -----
From: Maryalyce and Lance
To: Reta Stover
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 6:43 PM
Subject: Audubon Club Bird Walk of Feb. 13, 2012

Hi Reta,
     Here is today’s Audubon Club Bird Walk report for Feb. 13th.
     First of all I would like to thank Jim Wagner for extending the invitation
to come bird at his Regent Point Marina today, and for taking time out of his
busy schedule to lead our walk.  Eleven hearty souls braved the cold to go on
the walk.  When I left home it was 22 Degrees and you can bet I layered and
bundled up.  I had hand warmers, “Long Johns”, hat, scarf, my warmest coat with
a long length, etc.  Thank goodness there was no wind so that helped.  By the
time we finished it was up to 42 Degrees and the sunshine felt wonderful.
     Our total count was 34 Species as follows:
     Great Blue Heron, Hooded Merganser, Horned Grebe, Bufflehead, Lesser
Scaup, Northern Mockingbird, Red-winged Blackbird, Northern Cardinal, Mourning
Dove, Eastern Bluebird, American Robin, European Starling, Bald Eagle,
Ring-billed Gull, House Finch, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Red-bellied Woodpecker,
White-throated Sparrow, American Crow, Canada Goose, Belted Kingfisher, Ruddy
Duck, Great Black-backed Gull, Herring Gull, American Goldfinch, Carolina Wren,
Brown-headed Nuthatch, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Red-breasted Merganser, Common
Loon, Tufted Titmouse, Turkey Vulture, Mallard, and Carolina Chickadee.
     Six of us were able to go for lunch at Willaby’s Cafe in White Stone.  The
food was great, the view was lovely and a good time was had by all.
                                                                   Happy
birding,
                                                                   Maryalyce J.
Johnsen