[nikonf4] Re: Graining

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 06:22:16 -0700

I don't even think it's for sale. It's more a work of art. We have quite a few
pieces done with the same attention to detail on display currently.

BTW, this was shot in a display in our main rotunda through glass. Hand-held
with my D7000, ISO 100, f/5.6 and 1/40 105 Micro Nikkor, with VR turned on. The
blue background is actually the sky over the Pacific Ocean. The white below is
white quartz crystals.

On Nov 3, 2010, at 10:30 PM, WiltW@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks, Eric.  Wow, that has to be labor intensive, and expensive to buy!
>
> --wilt
>
> In a message dated 11/3/2010 7:52:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> ericwelch@xxxxxx writes:
>

> Okay, so Wilt asked what graining was in gold smithing. This photos is a
> bracelet that has the most amazing graining possible.Each dot is an
> individual piece of gold, individually attached by the goldsmith to the
> bracelet.
>
> <graining.jpg>
>
> Eric
>
> When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by
> one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. - Edmund Burke

Eric

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others
have thrown at him." David Brinkley