[nikonf4] Re: Bunky update

  • From: MomMamiya7@xxxxxxx
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 03:21:17 EST

Thanks, Eric.  About to head to bed now ... it's almost 3 AM on the  right
coast, but I closed the gallery today and did a little cleaning before I
left for the hospital, and just finished up some more cleaning plus four
loads of wash ... it's the only time I've had to do anything since last  week.

Told Bunky he'd better get well soon so he can get back to doing his chores
 around the house ... I don't do vacuuming. ;-)

In a message dated 11/15/2010 2:49:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ericwelch@xxxxxx writes:

Great news it's over! Give Bunky my best.

Eric
Sent from my iPad

On Nov 14, 2010, at 10:56 PM, _MomMamiya7@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:MomMamiya7@xxxxxxx)  wrote:

Hi WOC,

Yep, the remedies were a hit.

Bunky was a bit better today, and I'm hoping they'll place him in a  rehab
facility tomorrow, either at the hospital or at the Watermark on  Logan
Circle.

Spine damage was extensive.  After over an hour of prep time  in the OR,
the surgery itself lasted three hours ... Doc said it  was severe nerve
compression on both sides of his spine from L2 down to  S1.  Major problem was
Bunky being unable to have heavy  duty narcotics after the surgery because of
the brain damage from  Lipitor.

We'd been told the procedure was risky beforehand, but when the
neurosurgeon came up to talk to me after it was over, he said  that having seen
Bunky's spine, if it had been himself, he would  have risked the operation also.

These days with back surgery they usually throw you out of the  hospital
after two nights, but they've kept Bunky five so far ... don't know  how long
rehab will be, but they won't release him until he can climb a  flight of
stairs.  Having seen our home, you know why I've insisted  upon that. ;-)

Thanks for asking ... did I tell you how happy I am that it's finally  over?

xxx
Rita

In a message dated 11/14/2010 2:06:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
_woc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:woc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  writes:

Thought  you might like them.
How  is Bunky doing?