[nikonf4] Bunky update

  • From: MomMamiya7@xxxxxxx
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:56:44 EST

Hi WOC,

Yep, the remedies were a hit.

Bunky was a bit better today, and I'm hoping they'll place him in a rehab
facility tomorrow, either at the hospital or at the Watermark on Logan
Circle.

Spine damage was extensive.  After over an hour of prep time in  the OR,
the surgery itself lasted three hours ... Doc said it was  severe nerve
compression on both sides of his spine from L2 down to S1.   Major problem was
Bunky being unable to have heavy duty narcotics after the  surgery because of
the brain damage from Lipitor.

We'd been told the procedure was risky beforehand, but when the
neurosurgeon came up to talk to me after it was over, he said  that having seen
Bunky's spine, if it had been himself, he would have  risked the operation also.

These days with back surgery they usually throw you out of the  hospital
after two nights, but they've kept Bunky five so far ... don't know how  long
rehab will be, but they won't release him until he can climb a flight of
stairs.  Having seen our home, you know why I've insisted upon that.  ;-)

Thanks for asking ... did I tell you how happy I am that it's finally  over?

xxx
Rita

In a message dated 11/14/2010 2:06:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
woc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thought  you might like them.
How  is Bunky doing?