[nhab-tech] Re: Comments about the mailing list and Tech Group in general

  • From: "Cherie Senz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "cherie8052@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "nhab-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nhab-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 21:51:48 +0000 (UTC)

You Rock, Paul!  Great job!  Just sayin...
Love, Cherie

1

     On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:38 AM, Paul Gelinas
<answergrape@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi all, Some list administration notes seem to be in order.  SCOPE OF
TOPICS---------------This list was intended to be for 3 things:-- discussion of
technology issues, whether requests for   help or providing information of
general interest-- providing meeting notices and minutes-- providing updated
contact lists It is NOT for personal messages.That is why we have the contact
lists. If your message isintended for only one or two people, or is not
technologyrelated, please send it to just those people, NOT the listas a whole.
All mailing lists have what is called a charter, which definesthe scope of
permitted conversation topics, and moderatorshave the right to shut down
off-topic conversations. Thisscope is usually defined in the welcome message
you receivewhen you subscribe to that list. When each of you was addedto this
list, you were e-mailed such a ‘rules of the list’notice, which I’ve copied to
the bottom of this message. FILE ATTACHMENTS----------------The list does
accept attachments.I’ve found several prior message containing text files
andWord documents. I have looked into it however, and made afew minor tweaks to
message handling rules which may help.Despite this, I recommend that any
attached files still bemade in text or RTF format, so that they are readable by
allmembers of the list.  Paul Gelinas   ----- Welcome.txt -----
| Welcome to the NHAB-Tech mailing list.

This list is provided for members of the New Hampshire Association for the
Blind's Tech Group to use as a forum for sharing their knowledge about
technology issues, both vision related and not.

This is a closed list, meaning that only those people approved by the list
moderator can become members and post to it. SPAM is forbidden and should
not ever exist as a result of this policy.

All messages received from this list will have the text '[nhab-tech]'
prepended to the Subject: line, to aid in the identification and sorting of
list messages.

nhab-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - the system will take care of the rest.

Our rules are simple:

1. Be respectful of others.
2. Do not use the list for one-on-one conversations.
   Please email the other member directly.
3. Unless your question is general in nature, please specify the version
   or type of device/software your message is about near the top.
   Examples: JAWS 14 on Windows 7
             Android phone
             Talking alarm clock
4. Have Fun!