[netmagis] Re: How to enter "@ IN A 1.2.3.4" ?

  • From: Pierre DAVID <pdagog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: netmagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:09:19 +0100

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 05:45:34PM +0100, Emmanuel Halbwachs wrote:

Hello,

We are in the process of importing our zone data in our Netmagis
testbed.

For many zones, we have entries like:

@ IN A 1.2.3.4

in order for Bind to answer 1.2.3.4 when only example.com is
requested. Typically, 1.2.3.4 is www.example.com (the web server for
that zone).

Bind have the same behaviour with:

(empty) IN A 1.2.3.4

When using netmagis-dbimport, the first form is rejected as an error
but the second one is accepted.

When using the web interface, we didn't found a way to enter an empty host
name.

What is the best pratice in Netmagis do achieve this goal with the web
interface? Only in the prologue?

You have to put such non typical records in the zone prologue.

Pierre