[ned] Re: Question on NED 2.1

  • From: Matthew Wennersten <matt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:25:40 +0530

Melissa and Dominik,

We've had good success copying videos directly onto a phone, especially when a
teacher has wiped their phone.  We have a user that we call ap00 that we keep
updated with the latest downloads.  We copy the entire NokiaECD.2java\ap00
folder onto a new phone, rename the folder to the username, then edit the
accounts.xml file with a text editor to point to the correct username and
password.

The one thing we've noticed is that if you copy an individual file into the
library\videos\ folder, you have to make sure that the file name EXACTLY
matches the file name on the NED server.  If so, it will appear in NED as being
on MMC, otherwise, it will prompt you to download.  Even a space or a
miscapitalization can throw it off.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Wennersten