[ned] Re: FW: NED quotes from India

  • From: Matthew Wennersten <matt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:06:16 +0530

Some quotes from India (AP = Andhra Pradesh, TN = Tamil Nadu, AGs = Activity
Guides [Lesson Plan Supports]).  Please take your pick!

“I attended so many computer programs, but the phone is a simple thing to use
in classroom – download and show in class is easy.  We have internet
connections and other things [on PC] but it is hard to use.  Phone it is easy.”
 - AP Teacher
“It is so good that I no longer have to use just my voice.  I am very anxious
to use it.” - AP Teacher
“Songs and other lessons, the students at 5th class were very interested.  For
migration and for English lessons, they by heart the song.  Students were
interested to observe the lessons.” - AP Teacher
"Passive onlookers in the class became very active & showed interest in the
lessons taught." - TN Teacher
"The students are really interested in doing the [NED] activities" - TN
Principal
"We teachers&students are happily using the mobile technology.Motivation is
great success!" - AP Teacher
"Good response is coming from students.Children are paying attention on
explanation.The program is knowledgable" - AP Teacher
"Mobile technology increased the motivation levels of the students.It develops
the various teaching skills of the teacher. Thanks!" - AP Teacher
"We have shown lessons to the children which are In NED.We have received good
response from students  and  they enjoyed  a lot.We thank you for giving us
such  a valuble instrument.It would have been better if more lessons have been
stored." - AP Teacher
"Nokia has done a great job by introducing the new concept in the teaching and
learning  arena.The students go just crazy in the class.They are more
interested ,motivated and enthusiastic and so are we.well done Nokia.Please
keep it up." - AP Teacher
"The lessons are easy to understand both english and science." - TN Student
"We were able to understand the lessons easily and also learning the subject
english has become easier." - AP Student
"We were able to learn about water pollution in one period with interesting
videos.  Otherwise, the teacher would have spent three periods." - TN Student
"Wish I had learnt to use NED and use mobile technology in classroom much
earlier. It is very much effective and interesting.  " - TN Teacher
"...Certainly I feel proud that I am part of Bridgeit. I feel empowered by
using NED and using AGs.  Children also enjoy watching videos and doing
activities as part of the lesson.  Support from EZ Vidya is remarkable. Anytime
we approach them for help and support and they  are there to help us
immediately. satisfied with the content." - TN Teacher
"Initially I was very scared of handling technology and now  I have gained not
only the skill of handling it but also proud that Iam able to use it in
classroom in a different manner making both teaching and learning effective." -
TN Teacher
"Used NED thrice a week; Students are making attempts to frame simple sentences
in English to speak & write; listening skills have improved." - AP Teacher
"Students thinking has improved;they have begun to think beyond the word & do
story writing in their mothertongue; they do word building; they have become
very creative;" - AP Teacher

Cheers,

Matt

On 20-Mar-2012, at 2:10 PM, <Patrick.Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could anyone from the India team (or any other country) help on a
> communication newsletter about NED ?
>
> Please refer to request below.
>
> Thanks

> Just a reminder that we need a quote about NED from India for the 2011
> Sustainability Report. It is important that it comes from 2011. I inserted
> the text about NED (with the old quote there) below for your reference.
> We are down to the wire on finalizing all of the text for the report, so
> please hurry if you can J
> Best,
>
> 2011 progress -Nokia Education Delivery
> Nokia Education Delivery sends high-quality educational material to mobile
> phones over mobile networks. This can be used in a number of ways. It can
> support field personnel in cases where they use multimedia, it can be used
> for teacher training, and it can contribute to more visually stimulating
> content for public education. This is done by showing the content to a class
> on the phone or a TV.
> Since its launch in 2003, Nokia Education Delivery has helped improve the
> quality of education in a number of places. During 2011, the Bridgeit program
> expanded to Kenya, Nigeria and India. Bridgeit incorporates Nokia Education
> Delivery as part of a broader program that includes teacher training,
> curriculum development and strong leadership from local education
> authorities. The expansion in 2011 built on previously established projects
> in Chile and Colombia, Philippines and Tanzania, developed in partnership
> with the Pearson Foundation. The concept was also adopted by the
> International Reading Association in 2011 for projects in Indonesia and
> Bangladesh. These projects will aid teachers of early childhood literacy.
> “This was much better than books because we actually see what is happening in
> the lesson, especially when our class is doing an experiment...”
> -Grade 6, 13 year old pupil from the Philippines [CIP1]
>
> In the Philippines alone, the government has reached more than 900,000
> students with this solution. In Tanzania, the attendance level in science and
> math classes has increased from between 55-70% to 80-90%.
> Nokia Education was open sourced during 2011. This means that the concept can
> now be adopted by organizations looking for innovative ways to train, educate
> and inform their personnel.
>

>  Quote to be removed. Another from India coming from Patrick

Matt Wennersten
Head - Scalability in Education
+91 95000 35312
matt@xxxxxxxxxxx