[ned] FW: NED quotes from India

  • From: <Patrick.Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:40:13 +0000

Could anyone from the India team (or any other country) help on a communication
newsletter about NED ?

Please refer to request below.

Thanks

Just a reminder that we need a quote about NED from India for the 2011
Sustainability Report. It is important that it comes from 2011. I inserted the
text about NED (with the old quote there) below for your reference.
We are down to the wire on finalizing all of the text for the report, so please
hurry if you can :)
Best,

2011 progress -Nokia Education Delivery
Nokia Education Delivery sends high-quality educational material to mobile
phones over mobile networks. This can be used in a number of ways. It can
support field personnel in cases where they use multimedia, it can be used for
teacher training, and it can contribute to more visually stimulating content
for public education. This is done by showing the content to a class on the
phone or a TV.
Since its launch in 2003, Nokia Education Delivery has helped improve the
quality of education in a number of places. During 2011, the Bridgeit program
expanded to Kenya, Nigeria and India. Bridgeit incorporates Nokia Education
Delivery as part of a broader program that includes teacher training,
curriculum development and strong leadership from local education authorities.
The expansion in 2011 built on previously established projects in Chile and
Colombia, Philippines and Tanzania, developed in partnership with the Pearson
Foundation. The concept was also adopted by the International Reading
Association in 2011 for projects in Indonesia and Bangladesh. These projects
will aid teachers of early childhood literacy.

"This was much better than books because we actually see what is happening in
the lesson, especially when our class is doing an experiment..."

-Grade 6, 13 year old pupil from the Philippines [CIP1]

In the Philippines alone, the government has reached more than 900,000 students
with this solution. In Tanzania, the attendance level in science and math
classes has increased from between 55-70% to 80-90%.
Nokia Education was open sourced during 2011. This means that the concept can
now be adopted by organizations looking for innovative ways to train, educate
and inform their personnel.

 Quote to be removed. Another from India coming from Patrick