[ned] Re: Apps error Java.lang.runtime.exeption

  • From: Matthew Wennersten <matt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:53:11 +0530

Gonzalo and team,

We also saw this error from time to time in India, but in NED 2.0.  This would
happen for a small number of phones immediately after launching the
application.  Users would see the initial startup screen and then a dialog box
of java.lang.runtime.exception would popup.

We couldn't work out why this was happening, but uninstalling and re-installing
NED seemed to fix it.  We suspect it was a corrupt file in the JAR.  We sent an
SMS link to a new NED 2.1 JAD/JAR, had them uninstall and all was well.  For 1
teacher, this persisted after reinstall, but we suspect that their download was
corrupt.  One of my field team visited the school and swapped phones with that
teacher, then we did a factory reset of the phone, re-imaged the phone using
NED Ovi Suite, and it was fine.

Cheers,

Matt
On 29-Mar-2012, at 1:19 PM, Dominik Frankowski wrote:

> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> Could you ask the teacher about more information?
>
> 1.       What screen? As the first screen after start can be a “login screen”
> or a “select server“ screen
> 2.       What does “Enter” mean? There is no such option on my phone in menu.
>
> BR,
> Dominik

Matt Wennersten
Head - Scalability in Education