[USS Vanguard] OoC: Jonathon/Email Lists Issues

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 06:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

I signed up for an account through Talk21 yesterday so that I would
have access to an account to troubleshoot as it relates to
freelists.org.

My initial impression was that--like many freemail services--you would
have the option to choose whether to send/receive HTML or "plain text"
mail. My guess was the "plain text" would solve this problem. However,
I couldn't find the option, and wonder if it's even configurable.

Techie stuff aside, Jonathon, I received your email about your new
email address and will subscribe this address for your use with
Vanguard. I hope that helps.

I wanted the entire list to see this message because I've been
receiving email from a few players who have related to me they're not
as active as they used to be because they thought there hadn't been
much activity on the list during periods when I know there was
activity.

On top of that, Mel's emails were being rejected.

If this continues to be the case, I would like to quash these problems.
Fast. As a technical analyst, when I run into these situations and
multiple USERS have an issue, I start to look toward the service
provider.

I think an email to freelists.org is in order. If they can resolve this
issue, great. I have been somewhat to very satisfied with them: they
may not be the most user-friendly interface, they may not have the most
bells and whistles, and sometimes, email from one domain travels a
little more quickly than another, but overall, they're one of the more
stable free services.

On the other hand, if this is an indication of things to come... I am
getting ready to hear comments about any other lists you may have run
across and used and especially any that you figure to be praise-worthy.

http://health.yahoo.com
USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org