[USS Vanguard] OoC: Happy Six Years!

  • From: Andy Ho <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:22:23 -0500

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The Astoria, which our veteran players know was the precursor to the
Vanguard, was officially launched on Aug. 8, 1999.

I almost let the significance of the date slip by, but I'm very proud
and very happy to congratulate all of us for reaching such a
milestone. To the players who have been with us from the very
beginning: Chris (Soman), Mel (Zena), Alec (Sam), Peter-Jan
(Highwaij), Alexa (Xristha) and Jonathon (Jaav): Thank you, from the
bottom of my heart, for staying with the Astoria/Vanguard through good
times and bad and for building what is truly a unique community.

To all of you, older and newer, thank you for being part of what we
are today. I mean when I say that the Vanguard would not be what it is
without you, the players--what must be, in my experience, one of the
longest-lived, best-written PbEM games still in existence.

It is not without some measure of pride that on our sixth anniversary,
we are in the midst of what I think will be one of our finest missions
we've ever roleplayed.

Again, thank you. I appreciate the participation from each and every
one of you...and look forward to what the next six years brings.

Warmest regards,

Andy Ho ("Dominic Cesar Santos")

vanguard.staff@xxxxxxxxx