[USS Vanguard] OT: Welcome, Aliyah Fitzgerald!

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:55:47 -0800 (PST)

1. I'd like all of you to extend a nice, warm Vanguard welcome to our
newest officer, Aliyah-Amores Lopez-Fitzgerald! "Aliyah" will be taking
the place of Dellan Kye as our JAG Officer.

If you'd like to see her biography, check it out at
http://ncv80221.netfirms.com/default.htm and click on "Personnel".
She's listed under "Security."

And if you look closely, you'll notice (from her Starfleet career) that
she has an interesting connection to our Captain Santos, one that may
make Ol' St. Nick a little more than uneasy. How will Santos deal with
an officer who's seen him at his worst, physically and mentally? Maybe
Dr. E'thexx will lend a hand. :)

2. And with that, we bid farewell to Dellan Kye, Chen'ki and Alvon
Stratford. Martin Petrov was also removed from the list after I had
asked long-absent players to send me an email, and I received no reply
from him.

If they're still reading this, I wish them well. Following this email,
they will be removed from the mailing list.

3. Some upcoming events: I've been in touch with Jayne ("Desdemona")
and Randi ("Qbed"), and you'll all be happy to know that our favorite
El-Aurian barkeep and resident Q have expressed interest in getting
back in the thick of things. Have you saved a "hello" for them? :)

I'm thrilled at the prospect, and I hope you are, too. Hey, if either
of you is getting this email, give us a shout...?

4. When we next see the crew of the Vanguard, they'll be having a
promotion banquet and a welcome party for Ms. Aliyah.

After that, we'll move their time ahead a week to an encounter with the
Tomonaga, the first in line of the temporal starships that was
unsuccessful.

I'll be looking to Chris and Mel for help in assembling a "scatter
team" that will board the vessel and report to those of us on the
Vanguard what they find.

Why/how I think this will work: Those of us on the ship can study the
artifacts that the scatter team finds and draw our own conclusions.
Imagine, for example, discovering a horrible secret about the medical
bay and trying to contact the Team...just as one of our officers walks
into it.

I'll set it up with the following premise: It's an abandoned ship with
no life-signs in the middle of nowhere. Do you think it's a ghost-ship?
You better believe it! I don't have any idea where it's going to go.
That's up to all of us to play it out.

I'm excited about this. Hope you are, too.

Oh, and need I mention one more time how excited I am that Alexa has
decided not to leave us?! I didn't think so. :)

Best,

Andy
"Capt. Santos"

http://platinum.yahoo.com