[USS Vanguard] Home Again

  • From: "Jonathon Bremmer" <jonathon.bremmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:18:34 +0100

Lt. Cmdr Jaav E'thexx
Ship's Counselor
Main Shuttlebay, USS Vanguard
The engines of the Paris - Class Shuttlecraft Kamakura whined as they powered
down.  There was a gentle but deep thump as the craft settled against the
Vanguard's deck plating.  Counselor Jaav E'thexx rubbed his eyes as he stood
from his seat, he hapharzardly shoved the book he'd been reading on the return
flight into his carry sack and moved towards the Kamakura's exit hatch.

Jaav had been relieved that other officer's were willing to pilot the shuttle
on it's return flight from Earth.  Piloting anything was his least favourite
past-time, coupled with the intense drain he felt after 'The United Federation
of Planet's 64th Annual Mental Health Symposium' he had been infinitely glad to
hand the chore over to younger, more enthusiastic individuals.

Jaav stepped onto the Vanguard and surprised himself with his thought...

'It's good to be home...' He wondered exactly when he'd begun to think of this
ugly Romulan-Starfleet hybrid ship as 'home'.  It was true enough, he could
think of no other place he'd rather be (except of course RIsa in the middle of
a artificially stabilised, perfectly climate controlled summer), this was where
his family was.

As Jaav eagerly, but slowly made his way to his quarters (thinking of his bed),
he was interrupted by one of the enlisted crewmen manning the shuttlebay.

"Sir, the Captain requires you presence in the briefing chambers immediately.
The senior staff are already in attendance.  I've been ordered to give you this
upon your arrival."

The crewman handed Jaav a PADD and then dissappeared just as quickly.  Jaav let
out a sigh,  he hadn't been able to sleep on the Kamakura,  the beds had been
stripped out to accomodate additional cargo from Earth.  He'd been up for 26
hours straight and the only thing that had kept him going was the thought of
his own bed, he'd have to postpone that for now.

Jaav scrolled through the briefing.  It was from Santos, contained portions of
data from Starfleet command.  Jaav assumed it was what the other senior
officers were hearing in the briefing chambers as he made his way to them.

Stepping into the nearest turbolift, Jaav tapped the wall controls, he was too
tired to verbally give the computer his instruction.  He made his way to deck
one...'Home sweet home...' he thought to himself with sarcastically.

END

OOC:  Sorry for being gone so long.  Thought I'd fabricate a ficititious reason
for my absence.  The real reason is, I've started a new job, bought a car,
failed a driving test and been generally frustrated with finances. (Welcome to
the world my son!) But your friendly ship'd counselor is back in action and
ready and willing to dispense a healthy and helpful dose of positive advice,
for a small fee of course!  Welcome to all the new crewmembers, looking forward
to Simming with faces old and new!

Jon