[USS Vanguard] Getting a Clue

  • From: "lieutenant Storm" <cardassian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:51:22 -0500

=^= Joint post by:

Lt. JG Roch Chase
Intelligence

&

Ensign Aliyah-Amores Lopez-Fitzgerald
Judge Advocate Genereal Officer

 =^=

Aliyah decided to take a little trip to the holodeck before getting dressed for
the reception. She needed a breather from everything she had seen already on
the Vanguard. She walked in and started looking through the programs that were
not personal and therefore were shared. She smiled as she saw one of a pool
hall.

Roch groaned as he heard the message from She'ra. How could she leave and not
say goodbye? He had asked the computer to locate her but the computer reported
that she was not on board. He needed to get away. Just away. Without
comfirmation he went to the holodeck. As he enetered he noticed a place filled
with smoke and pool tables. He walked in and headed for the bar when he was hit
in the back by something. He was not in the mood and would smash open a head if
pushed. He turned but was surprised.

Woman: I am truly sorry.
Roch: Sorry?
Woman: I just poked you with this pool stick, I am sorry.
Roch: It's alright.

He walked to the bar. To drown his sorry.

Aliyah watched him and for some reason knew that he wasn't a hologram. She
watched as he drank glass after glass. She then walked over to him.

Aliyah: don't you think you've had enough?
Officer: I'm not on duty now, ensign, don't tell me what to do.

Aliyah offered a hand.

Aliyah: My name is Ensign Aliyah-Amores Lopez-Fitzgerald.
Officer: What does your friends call you?
Aliyah:  Rix
Officer: Alright Rix, I'm Lt. Jg Roch Chase.
Aliyah: Intelligence.
Roch: Yeah, you?
Aliyah: JAG

Roch got up and walked away but she followed him.

Roch: Leave me alone.
Aliyah: What's bothering you? You look like someone that just lost their best
friend.
Roch: You could say that. She just.....left.
Aliyah: Maybe she had a good reason.
Roch: Yeah, maybe. All she said was thanks for my friendship and love. Is that
supposed to make me feel better?

Aliyah could see the pain in his eyes. He obviously loved this woman. She was
trying to cheer him up.

Aliyah: How about a game of pool?
Roch: Not in the mood.
Aliyah: Alright, I can take a hint.

She walked away.

Roch watched her go, then felt like a complete idiot.

Roch: Rix?

She stopped and faced him.

Roch: Thank you.

She only winked at him and continued out the doors of the holodeck.

Roch wondered where She'ra was and why she left. He had to know. She had a
great life on the Vanny. She had Cynan, she had him. She had a friend in
Highwaij, but still she left. He felt angry because he wished he had what she
had. She downed what had to be his fiftieth drink and staggered out of the
holodeck to his quarters. He then crashed into bed and tears ran down his
cheeks. For the first time since his father told him he didn't love him, Roch
cried.  For the first time in his life, he had lost a friend. A true friend
that had shown him the same love and respect he put out to them. She had
actually believed in him. He stared at the picture of her, him and Highwaij
that they had taken after She'ra and Highwaij had went boxing. He picked it up
and hurld it at the wall.

Aliyah wondered what was wrong with this crew. Someone was in something of
another. She could not talk with the captain because he was otherwise occupied.
There has got to be someone on this tin can that wasn't in a bad mood. She was
no counselor but the feeling she was getting from most of the crew was a sense
of loss.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Vanguard Archives at Freelists: //www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221