[USS Vanguard] A Little Light Relief

  • From: "Cynan" <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'USS Vanguard'" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:21:46 +0100

Lt. Cynan Mandrake.
Location: USS Vanguard; Crew Quarters, Holodeck, Event Horizon.
Time: After "Getting a Clue" (Kris).

Subject: A Little Light Relief.

OoC: Hi Kris. Just a little note to welcome you onboard. *waves*. Like I
say
     to everyone, if I ever write anything that you don't like about
your
     character, then just give me a nudge (not a kick!) in the right
     direction. I'll get there in the end :)

     Oh, and my names Mark.

[Crew Quarters]
  It had been a boringly uneventful day. Sure it was nice to be able to
take
  it easy for once, but Cynan missed the action all the same.

  After his shift had finished he headed off the bridge and to his
quarters
  for a shower. There was a banquet scheduled for later on in the
evening
  and he thought that he'd make an effort for a change. That said, a
shave
  was all they were getting. He still would not dress for the occasion
and
  his tank top was one of his trademarks.

  Entering his quarters he knew immediately that something wasn't right.
His
  tribal sword was in its usual place on the wall above the katana
resting
  upon its mount on the table along the wall - it should have been in
  She'Ra's quarters.

  He backed out of his room and headed for hers. He wanted, needed, to
find
  out what was going on. As he walked he walked with a frown. An
expression
  of confusion and wonder all rolled into one.

  Arriving at her quarters he chimed the bell, but no one answered. He
  chimed again and again but there was nothing. Not a peep nor sound
from
  behind the doors to her room.

  "Computer, where is She'Ra Kahn?"

  "Lt. JG. She'Ra Kahn is not aboard the USS Vanguard."

  More wrinkles filled his forehead as his confusion built.

  "Computer, open the door directly in front of me."

  "Acknowledged."

  The doors to her quarters swished open to reveal a cold, darkened room
  filled with nothing more then the walls themselves. She'Ra had gone.

  Cynan just shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe that she
could
  have just left without a word. Had he really been that bad to her to
  deserve to be abandoned in such a manor?

  He started to run. To run down the corridors. He didn't know where he
was
  running too, just that he was running away from the image of the empty
  room.

[Corridor]
  Aliyah-Amores: "Hey watch it!"

  Cynan: "Huh? O..Oh.. I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."

  Aliyah-Amores: "I saw that."

  Cynan: "Erm, well yeah, if you'll excuse me. I have some things that
need
          doing."

  Aliyah-Amores: "Whatever.", she replied and walked off down the
corridor.

  He'd accidentally run into her without realising it. "Funny" he
thought,
  he'd not seen her aboard before but she was.. quirky in way that he
liked,
  and "cute ass!".

  Jaav: "Who's cute ass?"

  Cynan: "Hmm? Oh nothing."

  Jaav E'THexx had snuck up behind him after leaving the holodeck where
he'd
  enjoyed the thrills of roller coasters by then hands of Zena.

  Jaav: "Well I was wanting a word with you. I'm not sure if you know,
but
         She'Ra is.."

  Cynan: "..leaving, or left. *sigh*"

  Jaav: "Yes."

  Cynan: "I know, Jaav."

  Jaav: "I was wondering if you wanted to talk about it."

  Cynan sniffed.

  Cynan: "Actually I had, but that was before I knew. Now I have no
need."

  Jaav: "I'm sorry?"

  Cynan: "She pre-empted me Jaav. Got it in before I did. It doesn't
matter
          now. Please, excuse me."

  Jaav: "Right.. well you know where my door is. It's always open!"

  "Sure!", Cynan called back as he rounded a corner and into a free
  holodeck.

[Holodeck]
  There was nothing he loved more then to ride on his horse Seren with
his
  eyes closed, his arms out-stretched and feeling the wind in his hair.
The
  holodeck was never the same though. He couldn't predict or control (or
  rather work-with) Seren in quite the same way as he could back on
Albion.
  Yes, the real thing was much desired and a thing he surely missed.

  Suddenly memories of She'Ra filled his mind. With his eyes still
closed
  the images flashed before them as if they were open. He lost his
  concentration and slipped off of Seren and bumped down hard on the
ground.

  The therapeutic treatment wasn't working. It was time to try something
  different.

  "Computer, give me a room, any room."

  "Unable to comply. Please be more specific."

  "*sigh*. A bar room. Create me a bar room."

  The computer made its whirring sound and as the field faded out of
  existence, a bar room appeared.

  "Now. Create a holographic representation of Lt. JG. Roch Chase, but
with
   erm, an aggressive attitude. A bit of Klingon ?"

  "Unable to comply. Access to Lt. JG. Roch Chase personal files is
   restricted. This information is needed in order to create a
holographic
   representation."

  "*sign*. Create a holographic representation of him then but with say,
   Klingon's personality ?"

  A moment later and an image of Roch was in front on Cynan. The
hologram
  growled, showing his teeth. It was too much and not at all realistic.

  "O'kay scrap that. Create a holographic representation of him but with
MY
   personality. I DO have access to my own records, don't I? and make
him
   more aggressive then usual. Less talk too, more action. Oh, and
disengage
   the safety protocols."

  "Acknowledged. Safety protocols disengaged."

  Cynan cricked his neck as he coolly walked up to his creation. "Hey
Roch",
  he said, and launched a full swing at his head.

  She'Ra had left for a reason. There must have been A reason but he
didn't
  know what it was. All he knew was that they were getting on fine
before
  Roch showed up. He needed to vent his anger and this seemed a perfect
way
  to go.

OoC: Nothing personal there, but it might make for an interesting
by-line ;)

[Event Horizon]
  An hour later and Cynan Mandrake strolled into the Event Horizon. He
got a
  few stares by near-by crewman/woman, but he ignored them and walked
over to
  the bar.

  Des: "What can I.. hey, do you know your lips bleeding? And.. and your
        knuckles too.. have you been in a fight, Mr?"

  Cynan: "Something like that. Can I have water please, Des?"

  Des: "A water? What happened to the more usual Scotch? Or Eldorian
Brandy?
        You know, some of the real stuff that I keep hidden away for
just
        the right occasion! Medicinal and all!"

  Cynan: "Heh. No thanks Des. The water will be fine."

  She gave him a curious look that compelled him to fill her in.

  Cynan: "I've just had a change of heart. A few weeks back I decided
that
          I'd go the more purer way for a while. See how it goes."

  Des: "Mmhmm. Well I hope it works out for you.", she said handing him
his
       water.

  Cynan: "Thanks.. oww."

  Des: "Back trouble too? Are you sure you haven't been in a fight?"

  Cynan: "Just a little light stress relief. I'll be okay."

  Des: "O'kaaay.. but I'm going to get the Doc to have a look at you
when I
        see her!"

  And with that, she was off to serve another customer.

[To Be Continued...]

Vanguard Archives at Freelists: //www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221