[USS Vanguard] A Slave and a Master.

  • From: "Cynan" <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:35:48 +0100

"Boy" (Cynan Mandrake).
Location: The King's Head Tavern
Time: After "Aerissa: magic and sadness" (Seth).

OoC: I'm back too... btw, is Aerissa an NPC or what? and can we use her as we
wish like all other NPCs? Oh and if this post is a lil urgh, I er, dunno what
to do! help! lol.

[King's Head Tavern]
The boy watched the gathered argue amongst themselves, lurking in the distance,
hiding behind those who would not know. For whatever reason this rabble had
been assembled, they each had their own "gift", something that was needed to
fulfill a quest that was worthy of any knight... and any would-be knight.

It was hours before they had sorted things out, but nevertheless they had and
were now on they're way.

Leaving the town had been quite a disturbance, de Santos and Sir Drath
continued to fight for command of the group, neither willing to give even an
inch.

The next place on the map was Longlands village.

[Longlands Village]
Everyone was so busy with each other, there differences, and where to find
shelter for the night it was quite easy to slip away; it wasn't like his master
needed him, besides, tending de Santos's stead at the village stables would
surely weep him rewards.

[The Town's Stables]
The stead was a mighty beast if ever he had seen one, too mighty for even the
best of men, let de Santos road it with statue and command.

When the boy approached, the horse reared back, letting only its master get
close, no one else, not a strange boy, not a mere street urchin, but the boy
stood still, eyes a light, staring into the beasts, giving off a gentle calm
and a moment later the horse had settled.

A slave he was, but a master he was also.

[Golden Gate Inn; 2 minutes earlier]
[Snip from "Mysterious Stranger" (Mel)]
.she sat down in her chair and closed her eyes, all she could do now was
wait...
[End Snip]

A large bang on a nearby wall startled her, nearly causing her to fall from her
resting place and onto the hardened floor.

It had come from the stables that were on the other side of the Inn, something
was a miss, Zena just had to go investigate. Any trouble at her Inn would not
be good for business.

There she stood, outside of her Inn, watching a boy calm a beast more then
twice his size. A wonder of something odd, of something special was in the air.

Her amulet began to glow, and even more so when the others grew near. The group
was nearly complete, only one (or a few? have I forgotten anyone? I'm thinking
Chantel) more gem had let to light.

de Santos/Sir Drath: "Who goes there!?", they both shouted at the stranger
(Zena).

Another place, another fight, they both looked at each other in disgust and if
it hadn't had been for the strangers gentle tone; blood could have been drawn
that very night.

Zena: "Please! Please! Do not fight! Won't you come in for a drink and some
shelter for the night?"

Her soft voice soon won them over and as they slipped back their blades into
their sheaths, they ventured into her abode. The boy however was still at the
stables, there was something about him that stood out to her but she didn't
know what. She whistled to him, beckoning him to follow, to which he did.

USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org