[ncsc-moths] Re: winter moth

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 21:37:53 -0500

Hi Mathis,
   I have seen a few moths in the headlights with temps in the 40's
recently, but 17 degrees is amazing.  I set out the black lights the first
two weeks of December and had 25 species here in upstate SC, but with more
recent temps dropping well below 50 degrees by sunset, I'm waiting for
warmer weather to resume moth-ing, and in the meantime I'm taking another
look at all those hundreds of photographs of unidentified moths!

Doug Allen  Windmill Hill, SC