[ncsc-moths] Re: some Mexican moths

  • From: Kyle Kittelberger <kkturtledude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:15:59 -0800 (PST)

Nice pics Doug! Thanks for sharing, nice to see pics of some of those species
again, esp. the butterflies and birds. And neat moths too! I saw a damselfly
among your pics; if you want that id'ed I would suggest sending it to Dennis
Paulson. I can send you his email if you want, he's a very nice guy and a great
birder too.

Keep sending pics if you take more!
Kyle

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:40 PM, Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Paul.  Yes, your right. Click on picture again and look at comments
below.  It's not possible to change the title without eliminating the comments.
 And the mystery bird is a Black Catbird with some sort of vegetation stuck to
it which sure stumped everyone for a while!

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM, PandlScharf <pandlscharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you sure your Cuckoo isn't a Squirrel cuckoo ? Also your mystery bird kind
of looks like a Jay to me. Maybe young , Black-throated ? I'm not familiar with
the bird or it's habitat. Paul