[ncsc-moths] Toothed Phigalia (Phigalia denticulata - 6659)

  • From: "Marvin Smith" <ms6wood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:56:14 -0600

Greetings.  I’ve been list-lurking for a few months and have now chosen to
attempt participation.  Many of you I’ve “met” in the FB Mothing group.  Others
will be new mothing cohorts.  I’m not sure I have the format/procedures for
participation correct.  Any correction or tips will be appreciated – and that
goes double for moth IDs.

I  had three Toothed Phigalia (Phigalia denticulata  - 6659) under my lights
tonight.  This species (plus a couple of Green Cloverworm moths) are the only
moths I’ve seen in 2012.  A couple of Toothed Phigalia and I rang in the new
year together.  I’m not anticipating any moths for the next several days.  A
new Arctic blast is moving through.  Tomorrow nights low is forecast to be in
the upper teens.

Marvin Smith
Arkansas Ozarks
Rural Searcy County