[ncsc-moths] Revised NC List and Recent Moths

  • From: "Harry Wilson" <harrywilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 08:33:02 -0400

Much to my chagrin I realized that I had omitted Ali's Syllectra erycata from
my list, but I have now corrected my error.

Last night I added a few moths to my yard list:
Nais Tiger Moth, 8171
Eyed Paectes, 8957
Many-lined Carpet, 7330

I still have a mass of photos to work through. Some that I identified during
April but may not have reported are:
Waterlily Leafcutter, 4755
Pecan Nut Casebearer, 5667
Explicit Arches, 10413
Forked Euchalanea, 6735
Yellow-haired Dagger, 9257
Spotted Phosphila, 9619

I recently bought some black light bulbs and I have replaced the regular light
bulb that I use with a sheet at our pond, and I have been happy with the
results. Now I hope to get back to sugaring. I must say, this hobby never gets
old!

Harry Wilson
Zebulon, NC