[ncsc-moths] Re: Pandemis

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:03:07 -0500

Paul,

I think your moth is Pandemis limitata. P. lamprosana has similar pattern
of lines but much more contrasting pattern of dark and light areas between
the lines.  Also, lamprosana has dark lines whereas limitata has more
whitish, pale lines.  I only have lamprosana here in the mountains.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm