[ncsc-moths] Re: National Moth Week

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

I took a quick look at your Flickr album and here are a few comments.

Because of the bold markings and the angular hindwing, your 7169 – Scopula
inductata appears to be 7159 – Scopula limboundata
5362.1 – Crambus alboclavellus is 5362 – Crambus agitatellus. I think the jury
is still out about Crambus alboclavellus being a valid species.
8750 – Ptichodis herbarum is 8587 – Panopoda rufimargo.
I'm pretty sure your 3599 – Argyrotaenia floridana is 3603 – Argyrotaenia
tabulana.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths
http://www.finishflagfarms.com

________________________________
 From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Judy Snyder <jjsnyder2@xxxxxxxxx>;
ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Carolinaleps <carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx>; bjorky@xxxxxxx;
Jean Fontaine <eepa45@xxxxxxxxx>; M Rainey - CloseToleranceSoftware
<rainey47@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Alice Sutton <suttonak@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Katherine Sychra
<sychraindexing@xxxxxxxxx>; Frances D. Davis <duquette1@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Judy
Allen <heyjudeok@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:54 PM
Subject: [ncsc-moths] National Moth Week

We had a superb Nat'l Moth Week get-to-gether Monday, July 22, here in Inman,
SC, with over 40 species recorded in about two hours.  Unfortunately heavy rain
stated at 11 PM limiting our mothing to about two hours.  We had 7 naturalists
from about age 13- 73!
I've photographed an addition several dozen species this week which I'll add
later.
See our motley crew and the first 46 species uploaded -
by going to my Flickr page and Look for the National Moth Week set (probably)
in upper right-
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinabutterflies/

Hope everyone all over the world had as much fun as we did.  Thank you Nat'l
Moth Week!

Doug Allen  Inman, SC    Spartanburg County upstate SC
 near NC border and mountains