[ncsc-moths] National Moth Week

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Judy Snyder <jjsnyder2@xxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Carolinaleps <carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx>, bjorky@xxxxxxx, Jean Fontaine <eepa45@xxxxxxxxx>, M Rainey - CloseToleranceSoftware <rainey47@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alice Sutton <suttonak@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Katherine Sychra <sychraindexing@xxxxxxxxx>, "Frances D. Davis" <duquette1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Judy Allen <heyjudeok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 15:54:20 -0400

We had a superb Nat'l Moth Week get-to-gether Monday, July 22, here in
Inman, SC, with over 40 species recorded in about two hours.  Unfortunately
heavy rain stated at 11 PM limiting our mothing to about two hours.  We had
7 naturalists from about age 13- 73!
I've photographed an addition several dozen species this week which I'll
add later.
See our motley crew and the first 46 species uploaded -
by going to my Flickr page and Look for the National Moth Week set
(probably) in upper right-
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinabutterflies/

Hope everyone all over the world had as much fun as we did.  Thank you
Nat'l Moth Week!

Doug Allen  Inman, SC    Spartanburg County upstate SC
 near NC border and mountains