[ncsc-moths] Motha at Roan Mountain Kids Rally

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:58:29 -0400

On July 26th, The fifth annual Xtreme Roan Adventures (The Nature Rally for
Kids) got underway at Roan Mountain State Park in Carter County, TN. We had 96
in attendance not including a number of presenters and helpers. As the moth
program got started a heavy rain brought most of the crowd up onto the
amphitheare stage where I had my moth sheets. A splendid time was had by all
but it offered me little opportunity to talk. Some nice moths had already come
in including 2 new species for me (photos included). This event was registered
with National Moth Week.

Larry McDaniel
Johnson City, TN