[ncsc-moths] Moth Party at Roan Mountain State Park

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:35:58 -0400

On July 20th, I hosted a "Moth Party" at Roan Mountain State Park in Carter
County, TN. The event was registered with National Moth Week. I was too
preoccupied with talking to people about moths and mothing for me to be able to
conduct a count or take many photos. Fifteen attended, including 8 kids. The
kids had a blast and were very enthusiastic. The adults enjoyed it very much
and were quite interested. Tulip-tree Silkmoths stole the show as four of them
seemed to be playing with and landing on the kids.

Larry McDaniel
Johnson City, TN