[ncsc-moths] Re: Moth List

  • From: "Jules Fraytet" <jlfray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:15:19 -0400

I was not familiar with the Hodges index till  Harry mentioned it and I have
noticed the numbers used by others on the listserver. The link below may
already be known by many posters here, but if not I thought you would be
interested in sightings in SC.

It is wonderful that so many species are being found and listed.  I don't see
that many here in urban/suburban Charlotte coming to street lights and our
windows.  I have had an underwing, small geometers,Pyralidae etc.  in our
garden.

SCAN(SC Assn of Naturalists) members have had some outings with lights and
sheets where we have captured some interesting stuff in the upper Piedmont and
mountain foothills of SC

Jules Fraytet
CBS and SCAN

http://facweb.furman.edu/~snyderjohn/sc-moths/sc-species-list.htm