[ncsc-moths] Re: Micro

  • From: Kyle Kittelberger <kkturtledude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 19:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the email and great to hear from you! I'll be sure to keep on
sending out periodic emails with the moths I saw the rest of the summer in NC,
and maybe from NH too.

Regarding Facebook, I'm still not too interested in joining, to be honest. I
know the moth facebook group is a great place to share pics and sightings from
across the country, but there are several reasons I still have not joined
Facebook (for anyone interested). First, I started out uploading my pics on
Flickr. I really like Flickr and think its a great way for me to categorize my
sightings. I think a good number of people who have Facebook post and organize
a majority of their pics there, rather than another site like Flickr or Picasa.
Since I am using and plan to continue to use Flickr for my pics, I don't need
to have Facebook for uploading, and it would be a little too much (at least
right now) to upload pics to both Flickr and Facebook. Second, I'm currently
swamped with my own pics. I'm behind in going through pics (probably close to
8,000 pics now to go through), and I'm also working on a Hemipteran website for
NC. Add that to going back to
 school, studying, and continuing with some environmental studies research I
did this summer, I don't have the time to worry about Facebook. I'm lucky if I
have time for my pics and website this term.

I so far have lived without being on Facebook, and think I should be fine
without it for the future. I've heard mixed feelings regarding Facebook (and
even the moth group too), and I like emails (I check them frequently, and this
is also why I try to invigorate the list serve). While it would be great to
post my own sightings to the moth group, and see what others are seeing (thanks
Jackie for wanting me to join), it would be a little difficult for myself with
my busy schedule to handle all the sightings, both common ones and good ones,
that people are reporting. That's another reason I like our regional list
serve. If I ever do get a Facebook, I will be sure to join the moth facebook
group. In the meantime, if you ever wanted to post some of my pics, just let me
know.

Cheers,
Kyle

P.S. Here in Cape May this afternoon I got my lifer Reddish Phaneta (Phaneta
raracana), 2928