[ncsc-moths] First post attempt

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 09:20:51 -0500

I just found out about list from carolinaleps post.  Figuring out how to
join this list is as challenging as IDing a moth!  Let's see if I was
successful?  I live in Spartanburg County, upstate SC where we retired 5
years ago.  Any other subscribers near by?  I've been a birder for over 40
years, butterflying for 4 years, and started mothing last June.  I teach a
spring course in the OLLI program at Furman called Birding and
Butterflying. My sighting and hearing skills are not what they used to be,
and my moth identification skills are, shall we say, improving!

Doug Allen  Windmill Hill, SC