[ncpm] Pride: The Mouse That Dared To Roar...

  • From: "Joy Slave" <joyslave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:37:56 +0000

I have a message to relay to you all from www.yf-sucks.org.uk:

"Ok munchkins, it looks like we have a small victory for now...

But, for the time-being we've only won back something which should have
never been taken away in the first place: our inalienable right to dissent.

Stay focussed - our main objective is to re-develop the NCPM as an
arts-based resource centre.  Disputes over spoof websites are a mere
sideshow but recent attempts to stifle elements of the Pride In Sheffield
campaign must appear to be clumsy, spiteful and humourless.

So rant over.  Feast your eyes on my correspondence below with Telewest and
then have a laff at the updated "Freedom Of Speech: Special Edition" -
http://www.yf-sucks.org.uk - to learn more about Pride: The Mouse That Dared
to Roar...

:)

The Good Witch of The South

"

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your mail. After carefully considering the points you raised
we have decided to restore access to the pwp in question, however I will be
referring this matter to our Legal Department for further clarification.

As you are aware we have received a complaint and we are duty bound to
investigate the matter. I will also be informing the complainant of our
decision.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx
Security & Internet Abuse Analyst
Internet & Interactive Services