[ncpm] Barfly To close operations in Sheffield...

  • From: "Be Rozzo" <be.rozzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:21:49 -0000

Barfly To close operations in Sheffield...

During the time we were based at the NCPM, Barfly provided a platform
for more new touring and local artists than any other venue in
Sheffield.=20
Though we struggled to break even, in my opinion this was a totally
worthwhile venture.

Many viewed our organisation as outsiders, overlooking the fact that all
the Barfly Sheffield staff were locally-recruited. We all worked
extremely hard to make the venture successful.

Yorkshire Forward was good enough to give us no more than two weeks
notice to vacate the NCPM. We found a temporary home at the venue Zero
and were able to honour most of the events contracted.=20
Despite the cooperation of the owners at Zero, the venue's operating
restrictions and the associated financial losses have made it impossible
for us to continue there.=20
The search for a permanent home has been fruitless, and subsequently, as
of the 5th December, we are suspending our operations in Sheffield
(another home run for Yorkshire Backward).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has
supported us and to apologise to those that feel we've let them down.

If anyone knows of a suitable alternative site, we're still open to
suggestions.

Good luck with the NCPM, it's a great iconic building that deserves a
great future.

Best regards

Be Rozzo (MD)

Barfly (office)
109X Regents Park Road
Camden
London NW1 8UR
+44-(0)20 7691 4244 (Tel)=20
+44-(0)20 7691 4245 (Fax) =20
+44-(0)20 7691 4246 (24 hour info)
0870 907 0999 (Barfly 24 hour ticket line)
Listings/Tickets for Barfly venues - www.barflyclub.com =20
Fly Magazine venues/Listings/tickets - www.channelfly.com

This message is confidential, is intended for the named recipients
only and may contain legally privileged information.
If you receive this message in error please contact the sender
immediately. Message (c) 1999-2002 channelfly PLC
=20